While Linux is usable on all T2 models, some features are limited by lack of drivers or similar. This page should give a general overview of what is working and what is not.
- Interal Drive / SSD: Support for the SSD has been upstreamed to the Linux Kernel
- Trackpad: While technically working, it is far from the experience on macOS
- Touchbar: There is support for the so called simple mode, the same that you would see on Bootcamp Windows for example. Either kunction keys from 1 to 12 or basic media / brightness control are shown.
- Audio: With proper configuration audio can work, however it is not stable in some situations and switching speakers and the headphone jack only works manually
Wifi: Only works on Models that shipped with macOS Mojave installed as that was the last version to ship with a standard format for firmware binaries
Note: There has been success in getting newer firmware to work with specific custom kernel patches, this is still in development.
- Touch ID
- File Systems: Linux can't mount APFS partitions nor can macOS mount ext4.